Allergy Relief St. Louis
Improve indoor air quality and get allergy relief with air purifiers, humidifiers and UV lamps.
Indoor air quality becomes degraded as the amount of particulates or gaseous pollutants increase. The causes of indoor air pollution can vary range from common particles like mold and dust mites to gaseous fumes and volatile chemicals from paints and building materials. Additionally, inadequate ventilation can also increase indoor pollution, as fresh air often cannot enter the home or the air present inside may not be enough to dilute the emissions and pollutants present. These problems can be particularly severe in times of high temperature or humidity.
Indoor Air Quality Improvement in St. Louis
There are several simple solutions as to ways that you can improve the indoor air quality in your home. You can do so by installing an air purifier, a humidifier, or a UV germicidal lamp. These systems clean pollutants from the air and generally improve the indoor air quality. To learn more about these types of systems and how they can help improve indoor air quality in your home, contact our St. Louis heating and cooling company today at (636) 980-0998.
Indoor Air Quality Improvement Systems
At Air Excellence Heating and Cooling, we offer a variety of air quality services to improve the indoor air quality in your home. These include the installation, servicing, and repair of indoor air quality systems including the following:
- Air Purifier Systems: We can service, service, or repair most kinds of air purifiers, including the most common types of particulate and gaseous pollutant removal air purifiers.
- Humidifier Systems: If the humidity in your home is too low, your skin can get dry, your throat will feel scratchy, and static electricity will build up. Additionally, low humidity will also increase heating bills, as dry air feels colder to your body. Therefore, humidifying the air improves the indoor air quality by restoring humidity to safe and comfortable levels and also allows you to lower the thermostat settings.
- UV Germicidal Lamp Systems: As the name suggests, UV germicidal lamps emit UV rays that can kill bacteria, viruses, and molds. These lamps are also called ultraviolet germicidal irradiation cleaners. You can use them in tandem with your heating and cooling system or as a standalone system. They are not a replacement for air filtration systems, but rather help to further improve indoor air quality.
Why Should You Improve Indoor Air Quality?
Improving the indoor air quality in your home should be high on your priority list. Indoor air can contain a variety of pollutants ranging from particulates to gaseous pollutants and dangerous pathogens like viruses and bacteria. These things can results in serious health consequences for you and your family members. The following are some of the primary benefits to improving indoor air quality:
- Air borne pollutants and allergens are reduced: By removing gaseous pollutants such as volatile compounds and allergens such as pet dander and pollen you will see a general improvement in indoor air quality and in the health of your family.
- Dust is minimized: There can be a lot of dust inside a home and most of it, up to 90%, comes from fabric and people. The indoor air quality is improved when this dust is trapped and removed. This can be especially helpful for those with allergies and asthma problems.
- Odors are removed: While many pollutants do not have a distinct smell, some such as mold, mildew, smoke, and pet dander do. Therefore, improving indoor air quality can also remove these smells.
- Airborne germs are reduced: Stale air is a breeding ground for airborne germs that cause diseases including the common cold and flu. When these are removed from the air, the risk that someone in your home will become sick reduced.
- Quality of life is improved: By improving the indoor air quality in your home, you improve the quality of life for yourself and your family. This is especially true for those with respiratory problems, allergies, asthma, and other illnesses as well as for children and the elderly.
Contact Us For St. Louis Indoor Air Quality Improvement and Allergy Relief Services
At Air Excellence, we offer a variety of services that can help you improve the indoor air quality in your home. To learn more about what systems we can install or repair, call Air Excellence Heating & Cooling at (636) 980-0998.