Energy saving upgrades not only bring down your energy bills considerably, but it can also substantially increase the value of your home.
Statistical analysis of consumer expenditures on energy upgrades has revealed that every dollar saved on annual energy bills can lead to an increase of a home’s value by $10. So, even if you are planning not to stay in your current home for too long, it makes economic sense for you to invest in energy upgrades as they will help you get a higher price for your property. Energy upgrades do not necessarily have to be large-scale purchases. Even small upgrades can have a huge impact on energy savings.
Energy Saving Upgrades
Here is a simple guide from energy experts that will help you plan energy upgrades in a way that maximizes the value of your home.
• An energy efficiency audit by an HVAC company can be a good starting point for planning upgrades. They can check the entire HVAC system to check any sources of leakages or energy loss and recommend ways to improve upon them.
• Inefficient pumps or furnaces can do more damage to your home’s value than you can imagine. Consider upgrading your HVAC system to a new energy efficient system. This will let you command a higher price for the property.
• Kitchen remodeling can offer good returns but can be very expensive. A good way to increase the energy efficiency of your home is to change the kitchen appliances with more energy efficient ones.
• A programmable thermostat can help you reduce the burden on your HVAC system and improve energy efficiency. Potential buyer’s get an impression that you are serious about improving the efficiency of your HVAC system.
• Some upgrades to your bathroom can substantially reduce water heating costs and consumption of water. Small things such as low-flow shower heads and faucets can help improve energy efficiency in your home.
• A well insulated home is definitely an energy efficient home. The biggest source of energy loss in your home could be the attic. HVAC professionals feel that proper attic insulation can save you a lot in energy bills and can enhance the value of the property. Energy efficient windows can also offer huge returns in terms of energy savings.
No matter whether you are planning to stay in the same house for another 20 years, or want to sell it off any time soon, energy efficiency upgrades can pay off in leaps and bounds. Whether you want to invest in a totally new energy efficient HVAC system, or you want to carry out a routine maintenance that can lead to energy efficiency, Air Excellence Heating and Cooling can take care of all your needs. Contact us at (636) 980-0998.