St. Louis Furnace – Furnace Repair – Gas Furnace
Carrier Furnace, Trane Furnace, Lennox Furnace, York Furnace, Ruud Furnace and more.
At Air Excellence Heating and Cooling, we are your one source for all of your St. Louis heating needs. Whether you are looking for a company that offers regular maintenance and repair service for heaters and furnaces or you need someone who provides emergency repair when heaters or furnaces break down, we can help. We also offer replacement and installation services for new furnaces and heaters.
While finding the right furnace to regulate temperatures in your office or home seems like a difficult task, with Air Excellence Heating and Cooling on your side, selecting the perfect furnace couldn’t be simpler. We will explain how to select the ideal units to regulate temperature efficiently, lower your heating bill and save on future maintenance cost.
Call us today at (636) 980-0998 or complete our instant contact form online.
With our 30 years of experience servicing and installing furnaces and heaters, we are very knowledgeable regarding equipment, and we can use this knowledge to ensure that your heating needs are met. Some of the services we provide for heaters are:
- Professional installation and sales for furnaces and heaters
- Regular furnace maintenance and tune-ups
- Repair in case of malfunction or breakdowns
- Any other maintenance or repair service pertaining to heaters
St. Louis Furnace Repair and Maintenance
Winters can be freezing in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area. Without heat from a furnace or heat pump, it is almost impossible to stay in your home. What if your heater or furnace stops working in the middle of winter? You can, of course, call an HVAC expert to perform a repair. However, repairs take time and in the meantime, you will have to either make other arrangements or face the cold. In order to avoid this uncomfortable situation, we recommend regular heater maintenance.
Studies have shown that people who do not have their furnace or heater tuned-up at least once a year are three times more likely to experience a breakdown than those who do. In fact, all furnace and heater manufacturers recommend regular tune-ups to maintain efficiency and lower energy bills.
At Air Excellence Heating and Cooling, we can perform maintenance and repair services for your heater or furnace. Whether you are looking for regular maintenance to ensure that your heating system keeps working properly and reliably throughout the cold St. Louis winter or you need emergency heater repair if your furnace has broken down, we can help. Additionally, when we repair any heating unit, we will always compare the replacement cost with the repair cost to identify the better solution. To learn more about our heating and cooling services, call us today at (636) 980-0998.
Air Excellence Heater and Furnace Repair & Maintenance Services
Several types of heaters exist. These include forced air heaters, electric furnaces, and heat pumps. Each of these types of heaters have different problems, which are likely to occur. At Air Excellence Heating & Cooling, we provide repair and maintenance services for each of these types of heaters to solve any problems. Here is a brief list of what could go wrong with your heater or furnace:
- Problems with Air Flow: If the vents in your home are leaking or if the filters and coils inside the heater or furnace have become clogged or dirty, problems with the air flow will develop. Leaking vents will dissipate heat before it reaches its destination, leading to uneven heating and inflated electricity or gas bills.
- Problems with the Ignition Control or Pilot Light: If the heater suddenly stops working, the problem may lie in the pilot light or ignition control. For this type of problem, it is best to call an experienced HVAC technician.
- Moving Parts are Under Lubricated: If certain parts inside a heater or furnace are not lubricated properly, increased friction will develop. This means that the machine will use more fuel and be less efficient. Also, parts that are not properly lubricated will wear out quicker. Considering that a heater or a furnace has to work extra hard in winter, this increases the chances of a problem developing.
- Thermostat Issues: Thermostats can also cause trouble. When a thermostat malfunctions, your home’s temperature may fluctuate. It may even cause the heater to stop heating completely.
- Heaters and furnaces also contain circuit boards, thermocouples, induction motors, combustion blowers, pressure switches, and many other complex parts. Any of these parts can cause problems.
Benefits of Maintaining and Servicing Your Furnace or Heat Pump
Performing regular furnace and heater maintenance and completing minor repairs as needed, can reduce your chances of breakdowns. Therefore, this will reduce or eliminate the need for costly repairs and system replacement. HVAC technicians often have their hands full in winter and if your heater or furnace goes out, you may have to wait. Regular maintenance and repairs keep your heating systems in good shape and ready for winter. HVAC technicians are trained to look for problems and they know what parts can cause trouble. By getting small repairs performed from time to time, you reduce your chances of paying for expensive repairs.
Regular maintenance improves efficiency and increases the life of the heater or furnace. Therefore, your energy bills will be reduced and your home will receive consistent heat.
- Tune-ups can increase the efficiency of your heaters from 80% to 95%
- Regular maintenance improves indoor air quality and improves your overall comfort levels
- Future problems can be recognized and taken care of before they become serious issues
- The unit will last longer, making it well worth the money you spend on maintenance
- Cleaning the parts keeps the unit performing in optimal condition
What Services are Included in a Furnace Tune-Up
Here are a few common checks that are included in our service:
- Carbon Monoxide Detection: We will check the carbon monoxide levels near the furnace. In some old furnaces, the heat exchanger may be rusted. If cracks have formed, Carbon monoxide can leak into the air from the heat exchanger. If needed, we can install a carbon monoxide detector in your home to detect future leaks or problems.
- Heat Exchanger/Combustion Chamber Evaluation: We will check the heat exchanger for corrosion and rusting and ensure it is in proper working condition.
- Burner Flame Check: The burner must be checked for proper ignition and flame size. We will also perform gas and air adjustments as needed for your furnace. We can also clean the burner as well to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Pilot Light/Ignitor Check: If the ignitor fails, the furnace will stop working and can release natural gas into your home. We will check the ignitor and the pilot light for any malfunction.
- Induction Motor Check: Motors have to be well lubricated or else friction will increase, leading to increased fuel consumption and a decrease in efficiency.
- Blower Wheel Check & Cleaning: We will check the blower wheel for debris and make recommendations for cleaning if necessary.
- Furnace Filter Replacement: Over time, furnace filters become clogged, and they need to be replaced. This should be performed regularly to ensure proper efficiency.
- Chimney Vent Pipe Check: We will check the vent pipe leading to the chimney to evaluate draft intensity and the condition of the pipe. We will look for any blockages or leakages. We also check termination points and furnace connections.
- Burner Compartment Cleaning & Check: The burner compartment and other key parts can accumulate scale and dust. Therefore, we will check the burner compartment and make recommendations for cleaning as needed.
- Pilot Safety Timer/Flame Sensor Check: In gas furnaces and heaters, the thermocouple opens the gas valves when it deems that the standing pilot is hot enough to ignite the gas. At other times, it remains closed. This is a very important component, and we will check to ensure it is working properly.
Contact Air Excellence Heating & Cooling For Furnace Maintenance and Repair
At Air Excellence Heating and Cooling, our customers are our number one priority. We strive to perform affordable services while ensuring our customers’ needs are met. Our trucks are always well stocked and our technicians are licensed, insured, and bonded. To schedule maintenance or repair services contact our St. Louis heating and cooling company today at (636) 980-0998.
St. Louis Furnace Replacement
Have you noticed a gradual decrease in the performance of your heater or furnace over the years? Have your energy bills increased substantially? Maybe it is time you replaced your old furnace or heater with a new one.
At Air Excellence Heating & Cooling, our air conditioning professionals can help. We offer expert heating and air conditioning services for residential customers located throughout the St. Louis area. Whether it is for installing new furnaces or replacing outdated systems, you can rely on us for unbiased, credible advice and quality service.
When Is It Time To Replace Heaters and Furnaces?
Here are a few signs that indicate it is time to change your furnace or heater:
- The furnace or heater is old: The average expected life span of a furnace is about 16-20 years, and furnaces or heaters that have not been properly maintained tend to fail early. Therefore, when furnaces reach this age or older, it is a good idea to start looking at new furnaces. It is best to start early, because when you shop at the last minute you may not get time to compare your options properly.
- Energy bills have gone up: As parts begin to fail and friction increases, furnaces and heaters will start consuming more fuel to produce the same amount of heat as before. This means decreased efficiency and increased operating costs. A new furnace or a heater will lower your energy bills and you will soon break even due to the savings.
- Inconsistent heating output: Are some rooms too hot and others too cold? Do you always have to keep adjusting the thermostat? If this is the case, there is may be something wrong with the thermostat. However, in many cases, the furnace is simply not distributing the air properly. This can be because the system is old and inefficient.
- The furnace is making strange noises: As they reach the end of their lifespan, old furnaces and heaters may start making strange noises. If you are hearing any squeaking, rattling, or popping it often means that some part of your furnace is starting to fail. In some cases, you will find that it is more cost efficient to replace a very old or outdated furnace, rather than get it repaired.
What Are the Benefits of Changing Your Old Heater or Furnace?
The primary benefit of replacing old furnaces with newer models is energy efficiency. There is a vast difference between the energy efficiency of new furnaces and old ones. Old furnaces may have AFUEs (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) of around 60-75%. However, newer furnaces are available that have AFUEs of nearly 97%. In fact, the government has mandated that all new furnaces should have an AFUE of at least 78%.
Another benefit is that apart from regular maintenance, new furnaces often do not need any kind of additional repairs or support. Old furnaces typically require frequent repairs. In addition, parts are not easily available for old furnaces. Many manufacturers have stopped making parts for old models. If your old furnace stops working it can be several days before the HVAC technician is able to source the required parts.
We Make Selecting New Furnaces & Heaters Easy!
When you are looking for the ideal heaters for your home, look no further than Air Excellence Heating and Cooling. The best furnaces are the ones that provide efficient heating to your living space, without consuming too much energy. When you come to us, you will be able to choose from dozens of popular brands of heaters in order to pick the one that best suits your needs. Some of the best brands of heaters that we can service are Lennox, Carrier, Trane, Ruud, Rheem, and York. Additionally, our experts will help you to understand exactly which heaters would be just right for you based on your requirements and unique needs.
Improving Efficiency & Performance with Heater Replacement
Newer models of furnaces now have variable speed adjustments to help correct humidity and reduce hot and cold spots. They also tend to be more efficient. When replacing heaters and furnaces with newer models, we often recommend using these newer and more energy efficient models as they offer many benefits. For example, here are some benefits of switching from a single-stage furnace to a multi-stage furnace:
- Multi-stage heaters have longer lives and add comfort in the process
- Multi-stage heaters also circulate more air
- Multi-stage heaters can achieve more even temperatures in your home
- Multi-stage heaters are more efficient, resulting in energy savings
We will be happy to work with you and help you select the best furnace for your needs. Call us today at (636) 980-0998 or complete our instant contact form online.
Submit your review
Was happy at my furnaces serviced today" - via BBB
Called in and spoke with Betty as my furnace had gone completely out. She got me scheduled right away. I had Brad out to my house, and he quickly and efficiently diagnosed my problem, offered solutions that met my needs and had me quickly up and running. Thank you, AEX!" - via Google
I recommend Air Excellence Heating and Air Conditioning. They installed our furnace and it has been a wonderful unit with just minimal maintenance and a great value for the money. Brad installed a new thermostat in the hall and gave us energy saving recommendations. Personable and professional service." - via Google
Came to our house to fix our furnace late at night and showed up within two hours of us calling" - via BBB
Friendly. Professional. On time!" - via Google
I really appreciate the thorough and conscientious manner in which Brad serviced my furnace. Outstanding!" - via Google
Service Is outsanding" - via Google
Bette was wonderful setting up my same day appointment at the last minute. Brad came on time and fixed my issue along with answering all my questions....he saved me a new furnace and lots of unnecessary charges! All in all, wonderful people and great service " - via Google
They were professional and knowledgeable and explained everything about our furnace and air. It was a pleasure dealing with a good and reputable company. I will definitely use them in the future." - via Google
Great customer service. Owner Brad is very personable. Look forward to working with them again." - via Google